Get a leg up on your personal brand. It’s time to take an opportunity to compete more effectively and win more bids. Before you start asking too many questions or freaking out, hold on a second. I want you to know a little secret. You can use Pinterest to improve engagement and generate more traffic to your website. More traffic equals more opportunities for you to win more clients. First let’s discuss some Pinterest stats:
- 150 million users daily
- 70 million from the US
- $11 billion+ in revenue
- 50 billion+ pins
Now, that should already make you more excited. Just how can you go about reaching those users and that revenue generated on Pinterest?
How to improve engagement
Now I will describe some ways to do that:
- Great for entrepreneurs
- Powerful data analytics
- Manage sales and data
- Run in 90 seconds
- 100% error-free
- Automatic tx filing
- Great for startups
- Powerful web page builder
- E-commerce available
- Great for marketing
- Better than lists or sheets
- Manage social media
- Launch your website fast
- Powerful data intuitive
- No coding skills needed
- Study Influencers and Niche: You have a niche that’s really awesome whether it is graphic design, interior design, or some other form of art like cooking, painting, pottery, handmade art, etc. Yes, we can consider all of those other forms as a form of design and art, right? In every niche, you have influencers. Influencers are these people who can influence activities around themselves. People believe what they say.
You should study influencers to know what they are doing in your niche. This study helps you determine what works in that niche. When you do a proper study, you should answer these questions:
- Why is that person an influencer?
- What kind of content do they post?
- How do they engage their followers?
- Create Unique Eye Catching Content Consistently: Show off your design skills. Let people see what you can do for them. Your creativity shines through and makes those around you curious. If you will post pictures of your content, then make sure you use high quality resolution pictures. You don’t want any pixelation or blurriness in the pictures. No matter what you post, it’s important to post consistently. You should post when your audience is most active – you need to find out when that is.
- Use Multiple Boards: Posting content on various boards shows your skills and personal brand, and it creates value-added for the followers. You want to make sure that you are creating that value-add. This value-add can take on a number of different forms from tutorials to other related items.
- Demonstrate How Followers Can Use The Pin: I think this one is really important. You can create a Youtube video of how your design can be used whether it be at a wedding, in a marketing campaign, or on someone! It’s a personal connection that you are making with the followers. You can do this demonstration using a Youtube video – who doesn’t like a short video?
- Promote Pins: If you have a pin that has done well, then promote it. Pinterest allows you to pay to promote your pin. By paying, you can reach more people who may potentially follow you. It’s a marketing campaign that you can start to engage more followers or drive more traffic to your website.
- Crossover Campaign: Team up with someone else who comes from a different niche. You reach a different set of followers who may enjoy your content. You can expose your work to them and give them an opportunity to engage. At the same time, you are doing someone else a favour. The other person has access to your followers and can promote their content.
- Contest: Like on Instagram, you can run a contest on Pinterest. You have the rules and hashtags setup then let the games begin! You award the winner with something. You can interact and make people interested in winning!
There are many more ways that you can improve engagement. However, I believe these seven ways are dynamic and work together quite well. You may want to consider using some of them together at varying times. Studying your niche influencers should be a constant. This is something that you should do to monitor the niche’s evolution as we become more modernised and constantly create new content.
One thing I think you should always do is measure your engagement levels. You can do this through various means. I personally use IZEA. You can also use Pinterest data analytics.
Key takeaway: Designers are unique in the sense that they create amazing, artistic content. This artistic content can be posted on Pinterest. Posting unique content helps. The unique content should be posted consistently. If done correctly and combined with other ways mentioned here, then the end result is increased engagement and more client wins.
Why not start now and show your inner artistic soul?