Nochex, a UK-based company, provides payment processing services to businesses of various sizes across different industries. As one of the UK’s leading independent merchant service providers, the company touts its offering as flexible, secure and cost-effective. This review explains Nochex in detail, examining its features, fees, pros and cons to help businesses determine if it’s a suitable choice for their payment processing needs.
Overview of Nochex – what’s on offer?
Founded in 1999, Nochex has been providing reliable and secure payment solutions to UK businesses for over two decades. The company positions itself as a dedicated payment service provider (PSP), aiming to help businesses manage their online transactions effectively and efficiently.
Nochex provides a variety of payment processing options to fit different business needs, ranging from online payment gateway services to mobile payment solutions and phone payment services. The Nochex online payment gateway, arguably their flagship product, integrates with various e-commerce platforms and accepts payments from all major credit cards and debit cards. Furthermore, Nochex’s mobile payment solutions offer businesses the flexibility to accept payments anywhere, anytime, while the phone payment services allow businesses to take payments over the phone securely.
- Great for entrepreneurs
- Powerful data analytics
- Manage sales and data
- Run in 90 seconds
- 100% error-free
- Automatic tx filing
- Great for startups
- Powerful web page builder
- E-commerce available
- Great for marketing
- Better than lists or sheets
- Manage social media
- Launch your website fast
- Powerful data intuitive
- No coding skills needed
One of the significant features of Nochex is its strong commitment to fraud prevention. It utilises advanced fraud detection tools to protect businesses from potential threats, thereby instilling trust and confidence in its users. Furthermore, Nochex prides itself on its exceptional customer service, offering UK-based support to address client queries promptly and effectively.
So, let’s get on with this detailed Nochex review.
Pros and cons of Nochex
Like any payment service provider, Nochex has its strengths and weaknesses. Below, we break these down in more detail:
- Ease of use: Nochex boasts a straightforward, user-friendly interface, making it easy for businesses to manage transactions and monitor their payment activities.
- Diverse payment options: Nochex offers a range of payment solutions, including online, mobile, and phone payments, providing businesses with the flexibility to cater to their customers’ needs.
- Robust fraud prevention: Nochex’s use of advanced fraud detection tools helps safeguard businesses against potential threats and fraudulent activities.
- Excellent customer support: The company offers top-notch, UK-based customer service, making it easy for clients to get the assistance they need when they need it.
- No monthly fees: Nochex doesn’t charge monthly fees, making it a more affordable option for small businesses and start-ups.
- Transaction fees: Although there are no monthly charges, Nochex does impose transaction fees, which could add up for businesses with high transaction volumes.
- Limited global reach: Nochex primarily serves UK-based businesses. Businesses with a significant global customer base may need to look for additional payment processing options.
- Limited integrations: While Nochex supports major e-commerce platforms, it may not integrate as seamlessly with other business software compared to larger PSPs.
- No multi-currency support: Nochex supports payments in GBP only, which could be a limitation for businesses serving international customers.
Nochex products and services guide
Nochex provides a suite of products and services designed to streamline businesses’ payment processes. Let’s review the following Nochex core offerings:
Online Payment Gateway
This service enables businesses to accept payments online securely. It integrates with major e-commerce platforms and supports all major credit and debit cards. Features include fraud prevention tools, PCI DSS compliance, and comprehensive reporting.
Mobile Payment Solutions
Nochex’s mobile payment services allow businesses to accept payments on the go. The mobile-friendly checkout is optimised for all devices, ensuring a smooth customer experience.
Phone Payment Services
This service allows businesses to take payments over the phone securely. It’s a perfect solution for businesses that handle telesales or customer service over the phone.
Nochex uses state-of-the-art fraud prevention tools, such as 3D Secure and Address Verification Service (AVS), to help protect businesses from fraudulent transactions.
Merchant Account Services
Nochex also provides merchant accounts, offering businesses the ability to accept debit and credit card transactions directly, without the need for a separate bank agreement.
Nochex pricing, fees and charges explained
Nochex employs a transaction-fee model with no recurring monthly charges. It charges a flat fee per transaction, which varies depending on the type and volume of transactions. As of this writing, the standard rate is 2.9% + 20p per transaction for businesses processing less than £50,000 per year.
It’s also worth noting that additional charges may apply for some services, such as chargebacks and additional security features. Businesses should review their contract and fee schedule carefully to understand all potential costs.
Alternatives to Nochex
While Nochex offers a robust suite of services, it’s not the only payment service provider on the market. Alternatives include:
- Stripe: An international payment processor known for its developer-friendly features, extensive integration options, and multi-currency support.
- PayPal: A well-established global platform that offers online and mobile payments, PayPal also provides business loans and supports multi-currency transactions.
- Square: Ideal for small businesses, Square offers a range of services, including point-of-sale systems, online and mobile payments, and invoicing tools.
- WorldPay: A UK-based PSP offering a wide range of services including online, mobile, and in-person payments, and supporting over 120 currencies.
Conclusion – Is Nochex a good choice?
Nochex’s strengths lie in its ease of use, diverse payment options, robust fraud prevention, and excellent customer support. Its pricing structure, which doesn’t include monthly fees, could make it an affordable choice for small businesses or start-ups with lower transaction volumes.
However, businesses with high transaction volumes, a significant international customer base, or those requiring extensive software integration might find other platforms like Stripe or PayPal more suitable. Nochex’s limited global reach and multi-currency support could be constraining for businesses with international aspirations.
To conclude our Nochex review, Nochex is a good choice for UK-based businesses looking for flexible, secure, and cost-effective payment processing solutions. However, businesses should consider their specific needs and compare different options before making a decision.
FAQ – Nochex review
Nochex is based in the UK.
Yes, Nochex offers mobile payment solutions.
Nochex uses advanced fraud detection tools, including 3D Secure and Address Verification Service.
No, Nochex does not charge monthly fees.
Nochex charges a standard rate of 2.9% + 20p per transaction for businesses processing less than £50,000 per year.
Nochex primarily serves UK-based businesses.
No, Nochex supports payments in GBP only.
Yes, Nochex integrates with major e-commerce platforms.
Nochex offers UK-based customer support.
Yes, Nochex provides merchant account services.
Yes, Nochex provides a phone payment service, enabling businesses to accept payments over the phone securely.
Yes, Nochex complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Yes, Nochex caters to businesses of all sizes, including start-ups. Its no monthly fee model can be particularly appealing to smaller businesses and start-ups.
Nochex integrates with several major e-commerce platforms. For the most up-to-date list, it is best to check their website or contact their customer service.
Yes, Nochex handles chargebacks, but there may be an additional fee associated with this service.
Typically, payments are processed and funds are transferred to the merchant’s account within a few business days. However, this can vary, so it’s best to verify with Nochex’s customer service.
Yes, Nochex supports payments from all major credit and debit cards.
Yes, Nochex can be used for one-off payments, making it flexible for businesses with different transaction needs.
Nochex uses advanced fraud detection tools, including 3D Secure and Address Verification Service (AVS), to ensure high security for all transactions.
Some of the main competitors of Nochex include Stripe, PayPal, Square, and WorldPay.