Revel Systems, based in the United States but operating globally, offers an all-in-one point of sale (POS) and business management platform that is flexible, robust, and designed to streamline operations for various businesses, from retail to hospitality. But is it the right choice for your UK-based company? This comprehensive review will help you decide by detailing what Revel Systems has to offer, its pros and cons, products and services, pricing and fees, and potential alternatives.
Overview of Revel Systems – what’s on offer?
Revel Systems is a cloud-based POS platform that serves a broad range of sectors including restaurants, bars, retail stores, and more. Its services extend far beyond a traditional till system, encompassing inventory management, employee scheduling, customer relationship management, sales reporting, and analytics.
By digitising these areas, Revel Systems helps businesses run more efficiently. Updates are real-time and accessible from anywhere, making it an ideal solution for multi-location businesses. The system integrates with third-party apps and can be customised to fit specific business needs.
- Great for entrepreneurs
- Powerful data analytics
- Manage sales and data
- Run in 90 seconds
- 100% error-free
- Automatic tx filing
- Great for startups
- Powerful web page builder
- E-commerce available
- Great for marketing
- Better than lists or sheets
- Manage social media
- Launch your website fast
- Powerful data intuitive
- No coding skills needed
For customer convenience, Revel Systems supports a variety of payment options, including cash, credit cards, contactless, mobile payments, and gift cards. It also offers online ordering and delivery management tools, making it an attractive option for businesses in the fast-growing on-demand delivery sector.
With a commitment to compliance, Revel Systems adheres to Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards and supports EMV payments, ensuring secure transactions for businesses and their customers. It also provides round-the-clock customer service, promising to be a helpful ally for businesses of all sizes.
Pros and cons of Revel Systems
- Versatility: Revel Systems works for a variety of businesses, from single-site operations to large franchises. Its platform is easily scalable and customizable.
- Comprehensive Features: The system offers a range of tools, from employee scheduling to inventory management, making it a one-stop-shop for business operations.
- Secure Transactions: Revel Systems adheres to PCI standards and supports EMV payments, helping businesses to maintain the integrity and security of customer data.
- Third-party Integration: It integrates with a number of other platforms, including accounting, payroll, and customer loyalty apps.
- 24/7 Customer Support: The company offers round-the-clock support via phone, email, and chat, which can be invaluable for businesses operating outside traditional hours.
- Price: The platform’s robust features come at a cost, and some small businesses might find the fees steep.
- Complex Setup: While Revel Systems offers on-site installation, the system’s complexity can make the setup process challenging.
- Training Required: Due to its extensive functionality, training is necessary to fully utilize the platform.
- Contractual Obligations: The company requires a three-year contract, which may not be suitable for all businesses, particularly startups that need more flexibility.
Revel Systems products and services guide
Revel Systems offers a comprehensive suite of products and services designed to streamline operations for businesses:
Point of Sale (POS)
This is Revel’s core product, a robust POS platform offering payment processing, inventory tracking, sales reporting, and more.
Revel’s platform includes employee scheduling, labour forecasting, time tracking, and payroll reporting tools, helping businesses manage their staff efficiently.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
The CRM tools allow businesses to build customer profiles, monitor purchase histories, implement loyalty programmes, and conduct targeted marketing.
Revel’s system offers real-time inventory tracking, order alerts, and supplier management capabilities, reducing the chance of stockouts or overstock.
Online Ordering and Delivery Management
These tools allow businesses to accept online orders, track deliveries, and integrate with third-party delivery services.
Revel Systems pricing, fees and charges explained
Revel Systems’ pricing can be quite complex as it offers tailored solutions. While they do not provide exact pricing on their website, a basic POS system typically starts at around £99 per month, per terminal. This cost does not include the necessary hardware, which is an additional cost.
The company also charges for installation and training, and these prices vary depending on the complexity and size of the setup. There may be additional costs for advanced features or integrations, so it’s important for businesses to understand exactly what they’re getting before signing up.
Revel Systems requires a three-year contract, and early termination can lead to penalties. There may also be additional transaction fees depending on the chosen payment processor.
Alternatives to Revel Systems
While Revel Systems offers a comprehensive POS platform, it’s important to consider alternatives. Some businesses may prefer a simpler, less costly solution, or a platform tailored to a specific sector.
- Square: This is an ideal option for small businesses due to its low-cost, easy-to-use POS system. Square also offers advanced features, but these come at an additional cost.
- Shopify: Best known for its e-commerce platform, Shopify also offers a comprehensive POS system ideal for retail businesses.
- Epos Now: This UK-based company offers a cloud-based POS system designed specifically for the hospitality and retail sectors.
Conclusion – Is Revel Systems a good choice?
Revel Systems certainly offers an impressive range of features, and its ability to customise and scale makes it an attractive option for many businesses. However, it may not be the best fit for all. Smaller businesses or startups might find the pricing prohibitive and the functionality overwhelming. Furthermore, the three-year contract could deter those seeking more flexibility.
For businesses with diverse needs, multiple locations, or those seeking to streamline operations into a single platform, Revel Systems may be worth the investment. It offers a robust solution to manage numerous facets of your business, and their 24/7 support ensures you’ll always have help when needed.
However, due diligence is essential. Potential customers should fully understand the cost structure and contract terms, and may wish to take advantage of Revel’s free demo before committing to a contract.
FAQ – Revel Systems review
While Revel Systems can be used by small businesses, its comprehensive features and cost may be more suited to medium or large enterprises.
Yes, Revel Systems generally requires a three-year contract.
Revel Systems caters to a range of businesses, including restaurants, retail stores, and bars.
Yes, Revel Systems offers 24/7 customer support via phone, email, and chat.
Yes, training is provided but it comes at an additional cost.
Revel Systems adheres to PCI standards and supports EMV payments, ensuring secure transactions.
Yes, Revel Systems integrates with a number of third-party platforms.
Revel Systems supports a variety of payment options, including cash, credit cards, contactless, mobile payments, and gift cards.
Yes, these features are included in Revel Systems’ offerings.
Yes, Revel Systems offers a free demo.
Revel Systems operates on iPad-based hardware. This hardware is not included in the monthly fee and must be purchased separately.
Yes, Revel Systems is designed to handle businesses with multiple locations.
Yes, Revel’s platform includes real-time inventory tracking and supplier management capabilities.
Yes, Revel Systems is used by many businesses in the UK.
Alternatives include Square, Shopify, and Epos Now.
Revel Systems serves a broad range of sectors including restaurants, bars, retail stores, and more.
Yes, Revel Systems includes CRM tools that can be used to implement loyalty programmes.
Yes, Revel’s platform includes employee scheduling, labour forecasting, time tracking, and payroll reporting tools.
Yes, Revel Systems supports gift card payments.
Yes, additional costs may include hardware, installation, training, advanced features or integrations, and transaction fees depending on the chosen payment processor.