Does your business send a lot of post? Our comprehensive introduction will explain everything that a business needs to know about the cost of a franking machine for your business.
What is a franking machine and what do they do for businesses?
A franking machine is a device that businesses use to stamp outgoing mail with an official postal mark. This mark indicates that the required postage has been paid, and it can also be used to track where the mail has come from and where it is going.
Franking machines can be used to send both first-class and second-class mail, and they can be rented or purchased outright.
For businesses that rely heavily on postal services, a franking machine can be a valuable time-saving investment. In addition to being faster than traditional methods of postage, franking machines can also help businesses to reduce their overall mailing costs.
As a result, these devices have become increasingly popular in recent years, and they are now used by businesses of all sizes.
How much do franking machines cost?
Franking machines can range in price from a few hundred pounds to a few thousand, depending on the model and features you choose.
- Average price for a low-volume (150 letters) franking machine for small business: £1,000-£2,950
- Average price for mid-volume (500-5000 letters) franking machine for an SME: £3,000-£10,000
- Average price for a high-volume (5000-20000 letters) franking machine for a large corporation: £10,000-£40,000
|Franking volume capability||Speed (Franked items per day)||Price range|
|Low volume||Up to 150 letters||£1,000-£2,950|
|Mid volume||Up to 500 letters||£3,000-£10,000|
|High volume||Up to 10,000 letters||£10,000-£40,000|
You can buy franking machines new or used, and there are a number of ways to get the best price for your business needs.
Cost of buying a used second-hand franking machine
One way to save money is to buy a used franking machine. Franking machines are built to last, so even a gently used machine might provide years of service.
Pre-owned franking machines are usually discounted by at least 20%, and in some cases you can save 50% or more off the list price of a new machine.
You can also look for special offers and discounts, which are often available from office supply companies and online retailers.
Cost of renting or leasing a franking machine
Another way to save money is to rent or lease a franking machine, which can be a more cost-effective option for businesses that don’t need to use the machine on a daily basis.
The average cost to rent a franking machine is £50-£500 per month, depending on the type of machine and the features you require.
What franking machine is right for your business type and size?
Low volume franking machines are ideal for businesses that send up to 500 items of mail per day.
If you send more than this, then you’ll need a medium or high volume machine. High volume machines can cope with around 10,000 items of mail per day.
- When choosing a franking machine, you should also consider the features that you need.
- Some machines come with built-in scales, so you can accurately weigh your mail before franking it.
- Others have integrated postage meters, which make it easy to keep track of your spending.
- You should also consider how easy the machine is to use, as some models can be quite complex.
Ultimately, choosing the right franking machine will depend on your specific business needs.
How to choose the right machine supplier for your needs
Deciding on which franking machine company to use is an important decision. After all, you need to make sure you are getting a good quality product that will save you money in the long run. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right supplier for your needs:
- First and foremost, you need to make sure that the company you are considering is reputable and has a good track record. You can do this by reading online reviews or asking for recommendations from businesses similar to yours.
- It is also important to compare prices between different suppliers before making a decision. Remember, the initial purchase price is not the only cost to consider – you also need to factor in things like delivery charges and ongoing costs such as maintenance and repairs.
- Finally, think about what level of customer service you require. Do you need someone who can provide comprehensive support and training, or would a more basic service suffice? By taking the time to consider your needs, you can be sure to choose the right franking machine supplier for your business.
Considerations when buying or renting a franking machine
When it comes to choosing a franking machine, there are a few key features to look for:
- First, make sure that the machine is compatible with the type of postage you intend to use. Second, consider the volume of mail you will be processing on a daily basis. A machine with a higher capacity will be able to handle a greater volume of mail without slowing down.
- Third, look for a machine that offers a variety of features, such as the ability to print branding or promotional messages on your envelopes.
- Finally, make sure to compare prices and choose a machine that fits within your budget. By taking the time to consider these factors, you can be sure to choose the best franking machine for your needs.
The cost of a franking machine will vary depending on the type and features you require. Low volume machines start at around £500, while high volume machines can cost up to £10,000.
The cost of renting a franking machine will vary depending on the model and make of the machine, as well as the supplier. However, you can expect to pay around £20-£50 per month for a basic model, with prices rising to £500 or more per month for a top-of-the-range machine. Some suppliers may also charge a set-up fee, so it’s always worth checking the small print before you sign up.
It all depends on the specific machine and its features, but you can typically expect to pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand pounds for a used franking machine.
Some companies may charge a set-up fee when you first purchase or rent a franking machine. This is typically around £50, but it can vary depending on the supplier.
In addition to the monthly rental cost (if you are renting), you will also need to factor in the cost of postage and consumables such as ink. The cost of postage will depend on the type of mail you are sending, while the cost of consumables can vary depending on the make and model of your machine.